Tuesday, April 14, 2009

LASIK!!!

Yes!

Finally.... I DID IT!!!

MUAHAHHAAH.... you must be thinking that this coward gal really can have the courage to go cut the eyes out meh???

yah lah!! I really did lor!! And cos i was soooo nervous, in the end, i think 80% of the world know that i am going lasik!!! Cos i kept niam niam niam on how scared i was, how uncomfy my specs were, etc. etc... then the whole office know my BIG day wor... including some of my frens...

hahahaha... lucky lah... becos so many ppl know abt my intention to do lasik, i v paiseh to back-out... if not hor, i surely chicken out de!!! SCARY LEH!!!!

CUT OPEN the EYES leh... not ONE EYE, but TWO EYES leh... and guess what? WE only have TWO eyes de lor.... so if anything...... HOW HOW HOW?????

anyway, becos of 面子, i no choice had to 硬着头皮... eh no, should be 硬着眼皮 do it!

Anyway, my eye consultation went well, with the doc saying that "I got STRONG eyes"! WOWOWOW!!! First time ppl say that... (usually ppl say i got PRETTY eyes de mah... MUAHAHHHAHAHAH).... *puke....

What was shocking.... I then realised that all along my specs and contact lens's degrees were WRONG!!!! (how can tat be???)

My left eye is always 850, and right 800. It had been this way since more than 10 years ago!!!! So all my specs and contact lens had been these degrees de...

Then.....................

after the consultation w eye checks (using machines wor!! don play play!!!)

It turned out that my eyes were:

-- Left = 800 + 125 astig
-- Right = 700 + 100 astig

DUH!!!!

WHEN DID I HAVE ASTIG????

I have been wearing specs and contact lens for more than 24 yrs, and i have no idea i got astig????

Anyway, thats not the shocking part yet (shocking enough, but not the worse...)

since the degrees were all so WRONG, the doc was puzzled and asked me if i had any discomfort wearing my lens or specs. I had no issues w my lens lah... so i showed them my specs...

and GUESS WAT????


My specs' degrees were:

-- Left = 900
-- Right = 850



DAMN!!!!

You shld see the faces of the doc and nurse!

Both of them were totally puzzled!!! They must be thinking wat a blur SOTONG gal!!!

Anyway.... I really have no idea... So.... anyway.... anyway.... (too paiseh liao lah.... OEI!!! don laugh at me liao lah k!!!)

ahem...

anyway, since i am ok to do the lasik, my appt was 930am the next day (10 April)... GOOD FRIDAY wor!!! :)

I went there very early, reached around 915am... gan chiong mah.... Then i waited for quite a while, abt an hour!!! Lucky got my itouch with me... but super nervous and bored and sleepy.. My left eye was a bit swollen as usual lah... think i always got this prob when i wake up.... maybe heatiness bah....

Finally i was called into the room after waiting for an hour (around 1015am bah, cos i sms Kermit to tell her that i was finally in!) whereby the nurse put some drops into my eyes first. then doc came to check my eyes to make sure my eyes were healthy. Then i was told to sit at a nice seat to wait to change into the robe...

I can hear my heart beating!!! HAHAHA!!!

But the place is very nice! It got a kind of "soothing" effect and actually i wasn't as nervous as i was waiting outside (maybe by then i got no other choice but to go ahead and do it liao bah! tats why i was not tat nervous already!)

After sitting for a few minutes, the nurse came to ask me to go into another room and she help me slip on a robe and put a cover on my hair. What is very o-biang is, she then tape a masking tape on my forehead, with my name written on it!!! DUH!!! I was laughing at how stupid i must have looked!!! (I vain mah!! lucky no one sees it!!!)

So sad that I was not able to bring my hp with me to take photos!!!

anyway, after i put on the robe, i was told to sit on another chair, machiam like those dentist chair to relax... then the nurse disappear again...

hmmmm.....

then another nurse came by and asked if anyone put numbing drops on me... Then i say no. So she put the drops on my eyes... then she disappeared....

hmmmm..................

then the previous nurse came by and told me that she will put numbing drops on my eyes. I told her that her colleague just did that... So she was like "Oh? Ok!" Then think i looked v puzzled. So she explained that the 2nd patient was very scared, so that patient was taking up everyone's time and holding the rest of the patients up.

So they are trying hard to persuade the patient to continue with the procedure. And meanwhile, the nurses would have to try their best to attend to the rest of the patients and make sure that they are fully prepared to go into the ops room without delaying anymore time.

The procedures are quite simple (don't correct me if I am wrong lah... below is just my layman understanding of the whole procedure! Don't sue me if some of the terms are wrong!!) :

After numbing the eyes and doc doing one last check, I was escorted into the "First Room", whereby i need to lie on a dentise chair (super scary!!!), with a machine (look like those dentist light) right on top of me.

This process is to use the "donno wat" to make small bubbles on my corneal, so that the doc can easily flip my corneal flap up for the laser. Imagine those "cut-out coupons" with those small dots that u could easily tear the coupons out? Yup, thats the technique bah!!

This step only take 26 sec for each eye. Very scary!! Cos not supposed to move the chin, cannot swallow and worse case, eye cannot move. But wat was good, the nurses and doc were very encouraging. I hear voices that goes "hang on, 10 sec left", "Very good, just 5 more sec", "U are doing well, don't swallow, hang on, just another 2 more sec".... Super soothing de lor!!!

After having bubbles on my eyes, i was then escorted to another room for the 2nd procedure, which is the main one. The LASER!

I was asked to lie on a spaceship bed, machiam like those machine for CG scan or such... Then ... nothing much to describe liao, cos its the usual, "Look into the red light and eye don't move"! Then i hear some laser sound and tats it!!!!

When i left the "spaceship", actually i was seeing perfectly well le! I was soooo surprised!!!

I was escorted back to the waiting room and was told to sit on a nice aircraft chair to relax for 10 min.

Then TATS IT!!! The nurse then tell me how to take care of eyes, and passed me the eye drops and sleeping pills if i had discomforts. (I really feeling super good, no pain no discomfort and I can see perfectly WELL!!!)

When i came out to the reception area, it was only 1155am! Then saw Kermit's SMS! So i rushed out of the clinic and met them half-way on 2nd level of Wheelock Place!

So nice to see them!!!! I had finally done LASIK! And all three of us did it!!!

I forgot to bring sunglasses so i don care lah, since i don't feel any discomfort, I can easily go back like that... And they told me that I looked as if I just came out of facial! Cos there's no swelling, no tearing and no ugly eye casing!!! HAhaHAH!!!

Anyway, thanks for both of them to come all the way to pick me back home... Really appreciate it...

I went back home and put on my ugly eye casing and was sooooooooo DAMN HUNGRY that I gobbled up the whole plate of CHICKEN RICE and whole cup of KOPI! (Who says after Lasik got no appetite de??? I machiam like 9 days nvr eaten! I still felt hungry de lor.. )

2nd day after Lasik... Need to go back for review liao....

Waiting at the reception area.....

My mum came with me!!! So sweet!!!


The doc said everything was FINE!!! YEAHHHH!!!!
3rd day after Lasik and feeling bored at home.... So 自恋 a bit lor... nothing to do mah....





Anyway, my next review is this Thursday, 16 April... Wish me luck!!!

No comments: