Although I have always expected that my dad will leave us (sooner or later), but I didn't expect it to be... Now.
And it was bizzare... The last that I spoke to him was to ask him to tell Mummy to help take the keys on the door. Cos I was rushing out for my IELTS in the morning and I was a bit late. So I rushed out of my room and as usual, my dad was at the door, trying to breathe.
so I quickly opened the door and left the key on the door, and I turned to my dad and tell him to ask mum to come take the keys. And he said ok!
And then I rushed out. It was around 750am, I think.
I didn't expect that I will never see him again after that.
I heard from my mum that he had went downstairs for a wheelchair "spin" (as usual) and when he came upstairs, he felt weak and breathless (which was as usual). Then he told mum that he think he is dying (which he usually says, so my mum didn't take it seriously). And then he said he wanted to clear his bowel. So my mum let him sit at the toilet seat.
After clearing the bowels, he walked to his chair and felt giddy. Then he fainted (which was not the first time). Mum and bro tried to wake him up, but this time, he didn't wake up. For around 15mins of calling, they decided to call ambulance. When the paramedics came, they thought that there was already no pulse. But one lady thought that she felt a bit of air from his nose, so to be safe, they decided to bring him to the A&E at TTSH.
And it was at TTSH that the doctor pronounced him gone.
My mum told us that she had a feeling that he was already gone at home. It was around 10plus am.
Well... We are glad that he has found his Way back home. Somewhere he longs to go, peacefully.
I was blessed to have very good siblings. My bro and sis were the ones who helped to stay through the night. They knew I am very sleepy so for the past 2 nights, I am lucky to be able to sleep from 3am till morning. Was very touched... :)
After 2 days of wake, my dad was cremated in Mandai crematory.
And then, everything was over. Tomorrow we will be at the Mandai place again to collect the ash and to bring to the All Saints Home. I will be having my last test section - Speaking module. So I will not be there to see the bones picking, but I know my dad understand! He always felt that such ceremony was silly and I know he would not want me to miss my last module. And anyway I will rush over to All Saints Home after my test. :)
And thanks to all my frens (Steven, Jas, Betsy, Lilian, Nan and Kermit) for the great condolences and pretty flowers. Really appreciate all your support.











No comments:
Post a Comment