Thursday, February 28, 2019

What a birthday... My worst birthday ever... :(

Sigh... What can I say?

It could have been one of my best birthday... My team gave me a good surprise by celebrating my birthday in the office. I was quite surprised and very touched by this! Haha...

However, the next day.... We got a super bad news.

Due to restructure, 3 of my senior managers were retrenched.

I still couldn't believe it...

The mood in the office was unbelievably sad and dark. I myself also couldn't bring myself to face the truth. Especially one of my managers, where he was my righthand man. Sigh...

What can I do?

As a leader, I need to face the team bravely and pacify all those staffs that were left behind. They were in a state of shock as well. So I can totally understand what they are going through.

As their leader, I cannot show the same emo as them and I need to be strong to hold the team together. I am feeling so tired during that week.

But I am glad that I am strong. I was amazed at how I can calmly and steadily settle the mood of my team and get them moving again.

2019 is not going to be easy, but I am glad to be given this chance to experience Change management and also strong people management during crisis and demoralising situations. I am very happy that I am able to engage my team using psychological knowledge that I have gained throughout the years. I think I am able to be a better leader now!


No comments: