Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Birthday Treat! ~ Le Cantina Italian Restaurant

It was my 29th Birthday and my Deardear decided to bring me to a restaurant out of town. I have been to this restaurant for meeting before but never got the chance to dine there.

Seemed like a nice place!


This restaurant was on the 8 level of Changi Village Hotel. Unfortunately, we did not reserve any seats and thus, we had to sit outside the veranda.

And oh my!!! The wind was super strong and fierce! The moment I stepped outside to the veranda, I was nearly knocked down by the strong wind!

See my hair??? See how the strong wind blew? I think that if anyone wears a wig, the wig would be blown away immediately!!!


My eyes were already feeling very dry cos the wind was too strong! Nevertheless, we felt that the scenery was good, and the atmosphere was just right, thus we didn't request to change place...


There were some very nice umbrellas on top of us, but I guessed these umbrellas were there for decorative purposes only, cos I don't think these umbrellas would give us any shelter at all if it rains...

Well... I don't fancy Italian food anyway... Thus, my Dear dear had to eat all by himself, although I did order a main dish for myself....

This is the appetiser.... I think were some bread or something...


Then came the cockles... (Or mussels???) I have no idea..... But my dear dear was enjoying himself, thus I guessed the food must be really good...


Then came our main dishes! He ordered a pasta and me a stewed chicken....



See?! The wind was still super strong while we were trying to finish our food asap, in case it got cold sooner than we expected....


We finished! I passed some chicken over to him cos I don't really like to eat too much! Well, overall, this was a nice dinner as the atmosphere was nice and quiet.


We decided to take a walk around the hotel after dinner and spotted this nice swimming pool just outside the restaurant. It was so nice!!!


And the spa toilet was nicely done too.. Except that I felt that this toilet was too "exposed" as there were no partitions between the male and the female toilets... Maybe I am just too conservative!!!


Venue: Le Cantina in Venezia
Address: Changi Village Hotel, 1 Netheravon Road, #08-09/02, Singapore 508502

Tel: 65469190
Website: www.cantinafoodwine.com

No comments: