After celebrating so many years of birthdays together, we have ran out of gift ideas... Me and Kermit have basically given Nan all the things that she might want... For her past birthdays, we have given her Border's card, necklaces, bodycare set, etc... and From our trips abroad, we have brought backs gifts like eye shadows, pouches, bags, scarves, accessories, etc....
Thus, we were really running short of ideas now!!! I have no idea what to get for her!!!
Well, altho there were a few suggestions (e.g. give her a bunny-guy or a lover-boy), me and Kermit still had to take up this challenge to find the Perfect Gift of the year!
Ok, after considering all factors, we decided to get hand cream for Nan... She always go diving and doing sports under the sun.. Thus, we guessed this might be a useful gift for her...
Anyway, we went Wisma and we spotted our first shop.... Crabtree and Evelyn! (I thought they sell crabs... Chayeeee!)

Kermit went in confidently while i tagged behind... I was not a pro in hand care product by the way.... So I will go along with Kermit The Expert!
She immediately got stuck at the hand-cream showcase and started testing the various products... Seemed like she knew this shop very well! I never stepped into this shop before though!

She looked so serious!!! Wow......

Reading the small prints.... This is important, ok!! Cos our Nan is an "Animal activist" and she strongly against testing on animals....

Anyway... We decided to go to Takashimaya to find more products...

Kermit showing off her smoothed hands... After so many rounds of testing of hand creams in the Crabshop, her hands were of cos so smooth that ants will slip off her hand! Yahahahahaha!!!
We reached another shop at takashimaya...

These were a range of new products... Cannot remember the various different names for different types of handcreams, but the overall brand was STYX... Strange name...

By the way, I was conned to try the Organic Hand cream.. Well, we thought that Nan might want to try organic products.. These products sure won't test on animals one mah!
BUT.....
The organic hand cream was made from POTATOES! Yes!!! THAT potato!!! EEKkkkksss!!! Anyway, the enthusiastic promoter rubbed the potato-cream onto my hand and I think I was disgusted by the smell! It was very... very.... erm... anyway, unable to describe the smell.... The promoter told us that organic creams were usually not as fragrant as those normal hand creams...
Sigh... Anyway, I knew that I would have to stick to that POTATO-smell for the rest of the day then....
Anyway, we decided to drop by L'Occitane for a final round of product testing....

Look at the neat range of products!

Of cos, some testing needed!

Hmmm... Now the expert was thinking hard....

And finally!!!!!!!!!!
We bought the hand cream from L'Occitane and this is the final packaging!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO XIAONAN!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
1 comment:
omg!!!!! this is the first time i m reading this!! you actually blogged the whole buying experience! i must put a link to this in my blog... that's really so sweet and am very touched all over again... aaawwwwww....
Post a Comment