Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Impromptu HK Trip! With Aunty Betsy... :)

Betsy was going HK for business trip and as I was feeling suffocated recently, I decided to take a few days leave and tag along with her! And it was a good trip!


First time took the Airport Express train! So suaku!!! Selfie in the train towards HK station...


Betsy booked a new boutique hotel in Causeway Bay... Yay!!! Looking forward to it! :)

And you know what... I forgot to take the room picture!!! Oh Duh!!! :( Guess I was too tired and Betsy was rushing me to go out... LOL! I only have time to take the curtain at night when I''m getting ready to sleep. LOL! :p The curtain nice hor... Got a traditional Cheena rosy picture...



And the room got a cute "No Smoking" signage.. LOL!

After we checked into the room, Betsy was rushing to get out to walk about before dinner. So we went out to find late lunch. I wanted to try the local Cha Chan Teng version of instant noodles. And here we are!



It was very authentic! And quite nice too! Maybe we were too hungry... LOL! It was 4pm when we had my first meal (I took budget Jetstar, so no food for me. )

Thereafter, we walked about and tried to shop a bit. I was looking for boots, but it was the wrong season for boots shopping... Disappointed... But we managed to buy some nice Tees from SuperDry store. It was nice! I love it! I already planning to wear that tomorrow! :)

We went to LKF area to find Betsy's buyer and wine writer for dinner and drinks. Betsy mentioned that they had been great helps to her and so she had promised to buy them dinner and drinks. So I just tag along as free-loader! Hahaha!

The dinner place was a nice Spanish tapas restaurant at the corner of Hollywood road... We walked up the hills to get to this place! It was nice and small... Apparently this place must be super popular! Cos it was already super packed at 7pm! Lucky Betsy's 2 friends were already there to "chop" seats for us at the bar counter. We had a good dinner and the ladies were very nice! I really liked them. :)



Thereafter, the wine writer introduced us to go for a whiskey place, just upstairs only. So we went.. And it was a nice lounge-gy place full of whiskey! I thought this would be a "guys' place", but no! The place was done up very nice and cosy, very feminine! And I saw many ladies there too! So whiskey is also a Gal's thing! Hahaha!

She recommended us to try the Whiskey Flights - which means small tasting portion of 4 different whiskey! So fun!!! :)




This was my first time trying so many whiskey! Haha! I was an amatuer lah.. The 3 ladies were very pro!!! LOL! We ended the night with this good whiskey memory!

We went back to hotel around midnight.. And as usual, Betsy KO immediately while I lazed around... LOL... I can't just sleep like that de lor... I must laze and nuah for a bit first lor...



Last selfie of the day before I take off my make-up...

The next morning, poor Betsy had to go work early in the morning... Well, not me! I slept till 12 noon!!! Woohooo!!! This is the kind of holiday I like!!! :p

After I finally woke up and prepared to go out... I was very hungry already... LOL... So I walked to find Sogo, hoping to see if I could shop for anything... First thing when I reached Sogo, was to find food! There were so many people de lor! Luckily I went B2 and saw a nice small Japanese fried-food outlet, looked good! So I queue up a bit to get a seat. As I was alone, it was easy for them to arrange a seat at the counter for me.




See how crowded it was?
I ordered my fav fried fish rice! Super nice!!! Really love it!!!

I had to loiter around cos I arranged to meet a friend at 5pm for Happy Hours... He used to be my customer but now we are good friends! He recently got transferred to HK 3 months ago. So I decided to visit him.

So I walked to Time Square and Lane Crawford... I lost my way a few times, but luckily I still managed to find it. There was One Piece exhibition in Times Square... It was nice! Although I didn't really watch this cartoon, but I know it was very popular... :)




I shopped around, but really nothing much to see lor... Sigh... Guess this is wrong season for shopping!

Anyway, its about time to go Happy Hours! So I went LKF to meet Wei Yong, my friend. We had a good catch-up over beer and chicken wings! LOL! Then Betsy came to join us. She reco to go to this local "Yat Lok" restaurant for dinner.


By the time we finished drinking, it was already 9pm! Wah lau!!! LOL! Time flies when you are enjoying!

So we made our way to the restaurant and we were the last customers! LOL!


At first WY was very shy... But then...



We had a good night out! WY told Betsy that he would try to arrange a trip to the wine distributor that his bro-in-law knew... But the wine distributor is in Yuen Long, very far from HK island.

Anyway I didn't get any text from him, so I thought the trip was not gonna happened. So as usual, Betsy woke up really early to eat breakfast and went out to Time Square for a market visit and walk while I slept till 11am. Actually I wanted to sleep somemore, but Betsy said I must wake up to go lunch with her at Times Square... OK lor... So I dragged myself out of bed and thinking that there would be nothing today (I would be flying off tonight actually), I pulled out my newly-bought tee and put on some light make-up only.

When I made my way to Times Square, I found Betsy and got to know that actually we would be meeting WY and his Bro-in-Law and the wine distributor later today! WHAT?!?!? I looked so shack and a school gal leh! I was even wearing a tee leh! Oh dear!!! My hair was in a mess too!!! OmG! Disaster! LOL!

No choice lor... Guess I had to go meet people looking like this later...

Anyway, we were supposed to meet WY at the Times Square Taxi stand cos he is driving to pick us. So nice!!! :) He was slightly late due to bad traffic, but it was ok! It was nice standing there and watching people.





See how shabby I look! :(



Btw, I got a stickeer for being "Amazing"! LOL! A group of kids were playing games and one of the games was to find strangers to ask them how they are feeling today. So I told them we were feeling HAPPY! :) And we were given a sticker. Nice!


Wei Yong finally came and we went up his BMW... Wah... Apparently cars were cheap in HK... Nice! He drove us to Yuen Long and very funny, we got lost a few times! LOL! But it was nice taking a glimpse of the countryside of HK, which I would never get the chance to!

His Bro-in Law and his wife were very nice people! I totally so liked them already! They bought us lunch and then brought us to the wine distributor's place...




The shop was full of... Wines and Spirit of course! LOL!







They have all sorts of wines!!!








The owner, Frankie even opened 2 bottles of wine to host us. So nice!




The wines were nice! :) WY's bro-in-law is a regular customer here. That's why he knew Frankie very well! Frankie is like a celebrity here! He had many photos with popular people!



Saw a full range of whiskey too!





Betsy bought this whiskey, Balvenie cos the pricing is good!



Cute!!!

So sad that I had to rush back to hotel to pack and rush to airport, if not I would be lazing there, enjoying more wines!

This trip was very enjoyable, although short. So I intend to go back there again and catch up with WY again! Goodbye HK! I will be back soon! :)

No comments: