Thursday, October 23, 2014

Koh Lipe! Yippeeee!!!

It was funny how this idea to go Koh Lipe came about...

Well, l was feeling stressed out and suffocated recently and decided to go for a short beach holiday to nuah and do nothing. I decided to go Lombok as I have never been there and I heard it was nice to nuah... And as there was an upcoming PH and some of my friends were free, we decided to go together! Great!!! Beats going alone!

We tried searching for flights... But there was only 1 airline, Silkair going to Lombok and it was quite expensive. As my friends were a bit giam-kan-nah patterned, they wanted to search for cheaper flights... So we had to change our destination... So sad... :(

We tried Koh Samui... But still considered expensive for them... Then suddenly I remembered my Msia colleague reco an island to me, which was near Msia... That should be cheaper bah!

It was Koh Lipe, an island of Thailand... And it is accessible via Langkawi. Flying to Langkawi was cheap and we just need to take a ferry over to Koh Lipe... Sound like a good plan!!! I am happy to go anywhere!

We reached Langkawi in the afternoon and it was fun that the airplane stopped in the middle of the landing area and we have to walk into the airport. Fun hor! Cheap thrill... LOL!


We took a taxi to the hotel that we thought would be closest to the ferry terminal. Cos the next super early morning, we have to go take the ferry to Koh Lipe... Langkawi is just our "mini stopover" for the day...

The hotel was nice! Langkawi Chantique was a boutique hotel/resort in Pantai Cenang.. It was very cheap! Only around S$65 per pax a night! Value for money!





It was nearly 2pm when we reached. So we were really damn hungry de lor! We saw a small restaurant beside the hotel and walked over... And it turned out to be ran by some Japanese people! Strange!!!



Lucky we knew Japanese language (I cannot remember much but still can converse a bit lah!) and had a good chat with the old uncle... His daughter was the one helping to run the restaurant.




After lunch, we decided to go out to take the hotel shuttle to the mall and also to search for dinner...

I thought the mall might be like the one in Batam Nagoya, small but still got something to buy and eat... But... I was so wrong!!!! The mall was like... Just a small miserable building! OMG! There was nothing to see nor buy at all lor! Sigh...

Disappointing.. So we decided to take a walk along the street and also see the beach... But hor...

Suddenly it just RAINED! Lucky we have raincoats and umbrellas! LOL!! See how 狼狈 we were! LOL!




After a quick "look" at the beach (we only see see look look since it was raining and there was really nothing much), we decided to go hide from the rain... Saw an Indian restaurant and decided to take a rest there.


Yay! Must order a bottle of wine to cele our first beach holiday together! Although it was raining, we were still feeling high!






After a short snack of wine and pizza, and the rain was getting a little softer, we decided to go find a massage place... Massage here should be cheap de bah... And sure enough, we found a good place and had 45 min of foot massage...

We asked for a famous seafood restaurant and sure enough, the most famous one was just right opposite the massage place! Wow! So zun de meh???



Of cos we must order the seafood... But then... We realized that all of us were not experts in seafood! LOL! So we ended up ordering the normal food...


And I think so-so only...

After dinner, we were rather tired by then (maybe we were drenched from the rain)... So we decided to walk back to the hotel, and also take a walk along the pasar malam near our hotel.


While we were walking, I spotted rainbow! LOL! super suaku lor... It was very long since I last saw a rainbow lor!



The pasar malam was so-so only too... And I think as we just finished dinner, none of us had any interest to buy any snacks...





(Stole a quick selfie!) La la la~~~

And this is my fren... She was feeling tired with a headache, so she was rushing to go back to hotel to shower and sleep!



After we reached the hotel, we decided to go for a dip in the small pool. Cos we had to check-out tomorrow early morning liao... Would have no chance to enjoy the pool... Although it was cold, we still want to go play in the pool! LOL!



We played till the pool was closed at 9pm... LOL! Oh well, that's our only time in Langkawi though... Cos we will be leaving Langkawi to Koh Lipe tomorrow liao!

Next morning, I know it was so damn early but we have to leave the hotel at 7.30am so that we can reach the Telaga ferry terminal around 8am... Yawnzzz de lor!


And there were already so many people there!!! OMG!!! So we quickly queue to get the boarding passes and to wait for the ferry... As we were leaving Malaysia now and going into Thailand, we have to go through the usual custom checks and such... Woahh...

The funny thing was... After we board the ferry, the ferry will only take us to a place near Koh Lipe... Then there will be some long-tail boats to come fetch us into the island... OMG!!! What an adventure!

It was damn funny! The boat was rocking real hard and I had to hang onto the railing for my life! So embarrassing! I was like screaming! OMG! So many people were watching!



Finally we reached Koh Lipe! As this is Thailand already, we had to wait at the custom to get back our passports... Before that, we need to purchase return-tickets back to Langkawi and we were told to walk to the other end of the beach to buy from an operator.

OMG! It was such a LONG WALK! I didn't know we had to walk that far to find the operator! I was burning under the hot scotching sun!

Hahaha! Bren took a photo of me, being a Ninja Turtle lookalike! Well, finally we managed to buy return tickets for all of us! Yay!!!


We went back to the custom area to wait for our passports... We were bored waiting, so Mic and Bren went over to a snack kiosk to buy us some egg waffle! Yummysss!!!



 And I looked across the custom... The beach here was nice!!! Looking forward!!!


After we gotten back our passports from the custom, we boarded a roadside taxi and took a superb fun ride to our first hotel - Phuritra Resort! It was situated at the "Sunset Beach" where we heard that it was one of the prettiest beach.






We reached Phuritra within 5 min! It was quick! How I wish the ride is longer cos it is very fun! Like roller-coaster! LOL!

This resort was nice and cute! Apparently this resort was just opened in April this year... Very nice concept though.. Each room is individually set, and with good privacy...




See how cute the room was! Oh and I saw a centipede! The last I saw such creature was like when I was 8 years old!!! LOL!


After settling down our luggage, we rushed out for lunch... We were damn hungry leh...


It was then we realized the resort has its own beach! REALLY! Yup! Bren brought a nice pinku float and Mic was trying hard to blow it up! Damn funny!!!






And after that, we were told that actually the resort has its own private beach and they have all the floats for customers to play! How fun!!! Seeing some dark clouds approaching, we quickly finished our lunch and ran to the beach to have some fun!!!













Yay! Clear sea!



Tired liao... Better take a rest! And this mean.... selfie time!




And after around 30 min, it started to pour!!! Woohooo!!! We were super cold and wet! The resort was so nice! They provided us umbrellas and also some nice scarves to cover ourselves while we braved the rain to our rooms... It was fun!

After a nice hot shower, we decided to koon a bit before going to the Walking street for dinner...

We had a nice seafood dinner at the Pattaya beach... And as we were all too tired, we went back to sleep.



And that's was our 2nd night! Passed in a flash!

The next morning, we woke up early for breakfast before checking out. Today we are going to another resort at "Sunrise Beach"...



After our breakfast, we have about an hour to rest and relax... So we decided to take some photos!






And did I mention that this resort has 2 cats and a nice dog? I totally so love the cat (not the dog though)... Awww... See how cute she was???



After checking out, the resort owner actually helped get us a truck to send us to our next resort, Idyllic resort.. How nice!!! :)


The other resort seemed to be slightly more modern than Phuritra... Only one room was ready to check-in, so we put our luggage in Mic's room and changed to enjoy the beach....












The sun was good! And we had such great times fooling around the beach...







After some beach sun, we went to check-into our rooms and showered up for late lunch...


Selfie after shower!!!

We decided to settle for lunch in the resort... Look expensive but it's good! Maybe we were all too hungry and tired by then. This is already our 3rd resort that we have checked-in... It was actually quite tiring changing resorts every day...



 My Green curry fried rice! Yummies!!



See the blue skies? Superb!!!


After lunch, we took a short break in the room before heading out to Walking street again for dinner and walk-walk...

We walked past the beach and were surprised to see super low tide at the beach! Look so different from day time where we were playing at this beach!!!



Anyway we took a taxi again to Walking street...


We shopped around while Mic and Annie went for foot massage... I decided to try hair beading! But as I would be back to office in a few days, I only did 1... Hahaha! Just for small fun!






Bren did her nail art...

We were looking for the famous Seafood restaurant and sure enough, I think we found it...




Well, I don't really know food well.. And donno why, I was not hungry.. Maybe too much Tom Yam and too much curry... LOL! I didn't eat alot tonight though... Guess I was really tired by then...

So this was our last night at Koh Lipe liao... Tomorrow morning we have to check out early and take the afternoon ferry back to Langkawi... Awwww... Holiday is OVER so soon! :(

It was burning hot the next day!



Bye Koh Lipe!!!

After the long-tail boat and ferry ride back to Langkawi, we went to grab a quick late lunch-cum-dinner at KFC... We were all super tired by then...

We took a taxi to our last hotel - Helang hotel, which was just besides the airport. It was literally BESIDES the airport! LOL! Just 5 min walk!!!




It was a nice no-frill hotel, which is OK for us! Cannot hiam ok! Cos it is only S$31 per pax!! All of us KO when we reached the hotel...

Next morning, we checked out and walked to the airport...


See? Both of us have the same long skirt! Sistas!!! We had breakfast at Marry Brown... Haven't eaten this before though. It's curry mee is so-so only...


Finally our flight is ready to board....




Byeeee Holidays! It was a nice although too short! Now I am planning for my next beach getaway soon!!!

PS: Stupid me... When we reached back to Langkawi, I thought I had finished all my ringgits... So I had to use my credit cards to buy local snacks back to my office team members...

But then... After I reached back home, and unpacked, I saw.... My 100 ringgits!!!


So duh!!!! :(

Oh ya... Did I mention about my "toilet" saga?

I think year 2014 is my year of the JINXED TOILET! All my leisure travel trips will have something to do with spoilt toilets!

Like in March, I went Barcelona for a holiday and it was at around 2am in the morning that I realized our hotel room's toilet cannot be flushed!!! OMG!!! In the end, we had to change room the next day.

And now, when we checked into our room in Idyllic resort, I realized the toilet cannot be flushed as well! And the staff had to work on fixing the toilet till 10pm! OMG!!!

And my latest SH trip... Our toilet was not working when we moved in! OMG!!! In the end, we had to share 1 toilet among 5 ladies!!! OMG!!!

No comments: