Friday, November 14, 2014

Shanghai trip ... First day...

Yeah! Finally I am flying off to Shanghai for my holidays!!!

Okokok... I know I just came back from Koh Lipe trip... But then... That was like.. 1 month ago, right?? I really can't bear being in SG... I totally wanted to fly out! OUT! OUT! OUT!!! LOL...

Although I have been to SH before, well, I don't mind going again cos the last time I was there was in 2005 (Click my blog here: Shanghai 2005). It was fun back then! Lots of shopping and drinking at night! LOL! I even got somehow slightly drunk on the last night due to cold cold weather!

However, guess my wish to leave SG was so strong that last minute I was asked to go KL for an off-site meeting, right on the week that I was scheduled to fly to SH! OMG! The off-site meeting was 12-13 Nov and my SH holidays was from 14 Nov onwards.... OK, that means I must die die make sure I come back to SG on 13 Nov night. So that I can have my morning meeting and then rush back home to pull my luggage to fly off on 14 Nov late afternoon! Super rushed! And I had to make sure I packed 2 luggages beforehand so that I do not have to rush when I reached back SG on 13 Nov night, like 9pm...

Well, although I was super tired (I didn't have good sleep in KL and also I have early morning meeting before rushing to airport), I was quite excited to get-away for a few days.



And I am going with my BFF Betsy and Jas... And this time round, they are also bringing their daughters! Wooo....

After a very smooth flight to SH, we saw our chartered taxi... Before that, Charmaine wanted a cup of Starbucks for the trip...



Above are just mine and Betsy's luggages, haven't added in Jas's. We are impressed that all our huge luggages can be squeezed into the taxi's boot!


And the best thing is... The taxi has WIFI! OMG! That was so nice! At least all of us has something to do during the trip!



After a few rounds of searching for the apartment, finally we reached the place! The corridor was scarily DARK! Basically no lightings at all! OMG!!! Lucky for modern technology, all of us had iphone touch-light with us... If not I can't imagine how to walk along such a dark corridor!

When we entered the place, the pantry is right before us.


Then the stairscase to upstairs...

And there were slippers for us too!



There is a nice high stool-type of coffee table..


What is disturbing to us is that... There are only 2 beds, for 4 pax... So... Where is the other bed for the 5th person???


We searched around and finally found the inflatable bed! Hokay... better than sleeping on the floor or sofa, right? :(







Tadah! The bed is ready! And as expected, since I am the "odd number", I shall try sleeping on this bed at night!

It was soooo cold at night! And you know what? The bed will automatically "DEFLATE" after a while! And basically I was sleeping on the floor! And right in the COLD! Cos I do not have any warm blanket! I was so traumatized by this experience! Especially when I haven't had much sleep at all for the past few days in KL! I was totally pissed!



Hey! I am here for a holiday leh! Not to be sleeping on the floor out in the cold lor! Why?? Why???? WHY!??!?

Sigh... Just my bad luck... So I stayed awake throughout the night, trying to keep warm and not die in the cold... Hahaha! This is my eventful and tiring first day.

No comments: