Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Japanese Speech Competition ~ Sugoi naa....

Attended the Japanese Speech Competition last Sunday at the Japanese Association....

Was impressed by it... There were Secondary category, Junior College category, Tertiary category and Open category... There were 6 finalists each category and apparently, these contestants had already gone through the preliminary rounds and they were supposedly some of the best speakers....

I reached there a bit late and missed the Secondary and Junior College category contest. I was there just in time for the Tertiary and Open category.

Very impressive, some of them... But there were two gals that were terribly nervous and maybe stage-fright that they forgot their lines! And worse still.... They did not bring any notes with them!!!! (Die wor!!) I felt so bad for them... They were trembling on stage and staring into the air, as if trying to find the "lines" from the air....

Anyway, during the breaktime, there was a programme hosted by a Japanese teacher specialised in "Origami". And he was really impressive!!! See those works that he had done!See this fairy?? Amazing!!!!


This is an Ancient Dragon....

A dinosaur....

A dog...

And more!!! Sugoi ne!!!

Anyway, I found it interesting that the sponsors were asked to sit at one corner on stage throughout the entire prize-giving ceremony.....

They were (from left to right) Isetan, Mediya, Yusen Logistics, Mitsubishi-Electric, ANA, JAL and the big sponsor for this contest is Hitachi!!

The chief Judge gave a funny speech and the prize presentation begins!!!

The champion for the Secondary category.... (forgot her name liao!!)

Very interesting, the presenter would have to read to the champion the content of the certificate and before presenting it to her...

Next is the champion for Junior College category....

Similary, the presenter would read the certificate content before presenting to him....

The champ got himself a free return air-ticket to Japan!!! Cool!!

Next is the Tertiary category....

And the Open category....

And finally, the Guest-of-Honour, Minister for Education gave a final speech... I always tot such speech shld be given before the prize presentation... Strange wor....

This was really an experience for me... Maybe I will also take part next year!! But I would remember to bring my script up the stage!!!

Haha!!!

No comments: