downloaded some DVDs on my iphone and just finished the movie "pursuit of happiness", starring Will Smith..
It is such a touching story, featuring a daddy trying to earn money to feed the family and pay bills. The daddy had to juggle a no-pay intern job and a part-time sales job just to earn barely enough money to get by. They were so broke that they did not have proper housing and had to stay in a run-down motel. And as he had not pay taxes for a long time, the govt took his savings and he had no money to pay the motel rent. As such, he and his kid were kicked out of the motel.... No choice, he had to rush off work at 4pm everyday and bring his kid to the salvation house to queue for lodging before 5pm. And if they were late for the day and the salvation house ran out of beds, they had to find other place to sleep, and sometimes they even had to sleep in the train station's toilet... But even so, the daddy did not give up and continue to work hard as an intern in the brokerage. And eventually, his good work was recognised and was given a full-time job at a brokerage. And of cos life gets better...
Although it is supposed to be a inspiring and touching movie, yet I felt very sad after watching it.
I just felt sad that some people had to live such a hard life. Everyday they are just trying to make ends meet, and this's about all they have to think about. And boy, this is a real BIG thing to think about.
They have to worry about lodging everyday, worry about rent, food, school fees, etc. They have to worry about their jobs as well...
It's just so tough living a life like this, but then, they are all happily living.... and moving on...
And people like us worry about useless things like : am I getting fat? how to get rid of that pimples? no aircon very hot!!!.... LOL..
Hahaha... Sometimes I really felt very tired. And I will always grumble that I am tired! But when I sit and think about it, what is it that I felt tired about? Actually I have not done anything much, and I do not need to worry about alot of things... Then why am I tired leh??? Maybe it is just my habit to "make-believe" that I am tired so that I can feel that I have put in a lot of efforts... hahaha....
Well, maybe I am really tired lah... =p
No comments:
Post a Comment