Sunday, April 05, 2015

Korea! Jeju Day 3... A long memorable day with lots of photos!!!

Oh well... as per my previous post... my iPhone was spoiled and luckily I have my iPad with me. So from now on, all the photos were taken using my newly bought iPad!

Well, we took an hour's plane to fly from Seoul to Jeju and it was fun! It was damn early though! The plane was slightly delayed and we were rushing out of the airport to meet our driver. We booked a 2-day tour with a guy and he arranged a driver to take us around the places we wanna go.


We were told to wait at gate 4... So we rushed out and walked over to Gate 4... We waited and waited... But no see the driver leh... So Ah bee walked to the other side to try her luck while I stayed at gate 4... I was still in shock cos I cannot believe that my phone had died...


So I was looking a bit dejected... :(



Took a wefie using my iPad while waiting for the driver. I need to get used to my iPad though. I just newly bought this iPad a few months ago and I only used it to watch korean drama de lor... LOL! Bimbo me!

Anyway, finally our driver came! He was an Ahjushi (uncle) and a very nice one!!! Ah bee totally so liked him! Hahahahahah!

But.............

He totally cannot speak English! :(

Sad de lor... He cannot talk to us much and we had to use sign language. LOL...

First stop is Ecoland... By now, the weather was quite cooling, but sunny. So we can take off our jacket.








We took the slow tu-tu train to tour the park. Basically this is a park for family and kids... It was nice to walk around! And saw some nice cherry blossoms too!!!









And I simply loved this photo of me with the security guard trying to stop me from stepping onto the platform!


LOL! Simply looked like a scene from a musical!

Anyway, the park was nice and there were many photo-taking spots!




Trying to have fun! LOL






Okay... I'm just too short for this camera shot lor! :(



Actually we were too lazy and didn't really walk the whole route.. LOL! But just to make-believe, I tried to post a photo of me looking tired! As if I had completed the entire walk into the forest!! Hahahaha!!!



Well, it was near afternoon and we were already abit hungry... So we decided to end our tour in the Ecoland and went out to meet our driver uncle to go for lunch. The uncle took us to a traditional looking lunch place... Look good!!




 Ah bee wanted to take photo with her fav driver uncle! LOL! Think she had a crush on him!!! :p

Anyway this lunch location was crowded! Might be the "must-go" for tourists...



We sat down... And OMG... The menu was all in Korean! And our uncle didn't know English... :(


So we have to google the food that we want to eat and show him pictures. It was very hilarious!!! In the end, he realized that we wanted to eat Kimchi stew... And since the restaurant was full and the lady told him that we have to wait, he suddenly just stood up and signal us to follow him. We were quite surprised and happy cos we knew he was going to bring us to eat Kimchi stew!!! Yay!!!



And true enough.... We went to another smaller restaurant and there was Kimchi stew!!! LOL!



Ah bee ordered her Bibimbap and I ordered Kimchi stew... We also ordered a pancake to share.

This stew was super nice de lor!!! Super happy with my lunch... I have somehow forgotten about my lousy hp issue liao. LOL!


The uncle was very shy and didn't want to eat much. So we tried to ask him to eat more... He was very nice!!! :)

After a good lunch, we proceed to our next destination: Mini Mini-land...

I have no idea what this was about... LOL! :p

Then when we reached... I still have no idea what was mini mini land.. I thought it was a theme park where everything was tiny... LOL!





Then after I walked in and saw some of the items... Then I realized it was a place that showcased famous landmarks around the world!!! Wow!!! Although the items were rather run-down and old, but it still has lots of photo-taking fun elements to it!

Don't ask me what or where are all these landmarks hor... I totally cannot remember, except for the few familiar ones... LOL...


















Someone is repairing one of the items!

And I saw some dinosaurs!! Need to run away!!!



Hahah!! And of course, I would need to play with Smurfs!


*Trying to step smurfette!" LOL!

Anyway I saw some good cherry blossoms!!! Nice!!!





After mini land, we went for a coffee break at Bat cafe...






Thereafter, we went to Manja cave.. This was a lava cave... Dark and wet!!! I was so glad that I bought a nice walking pair of shoes!!!

















It was a loooooooooong dark walk! I thought it was only 1km (the uncle told us de)... Then we realized... It is indeed 1km.. But it was one-way.. So we have to walk back another 1km... LOL!!!



And I did it!!! So happy for myself!!! Actually walked 2km of wet and slippery rocky cave! :)


After the cave, we went back to hotel to check in. I was rather tired already... The hotel was nice!!! Spacious and clean! So much better than the small hotel room in Myeong Dong! Love it!!!







And I'm not joking that the hotel was really near the sea! Like... REALLY NEAR! The sea was just in front of us! We can basically hear the waves!!!





We had a long day... But we cannot rest yet... Cos the uncle was waiting for us below the hotel while we put our bags so that he can bring us to our last destination for the day. The tour agency recommended us to visit a local wet market, which was near the hotel. So the driver uncle was supposed to drop us in front of the market and we can have free time to walk and have our own dinner.








Saw some disgusting slimmy slim silver fish... Eeeeeee!!!


 And Jeju is famous for pork knuckles...


We bought our local souvenirs there and saw some interesting looking oranges. We then realized it was called Hallabong... There was a small bump at the top of the orange... Funny!!!





After the wet market, we walked back towards our hotel and decided to find food at a small local shopping mall.


Actually we wanted some fried chicken... So we saw a place and we thought they served fried chicken (the menu said got fried chicken mah)...



But after ordering, we realized it was burger!! Chay.... And the worse thing is... The cashiers were 2 gals who totally CMI de lor! They were very "hiao" and totally not interested in taking orders. So we suspected they took the wrong orders... Sigh...


Anyway, we were too tired lah.. So we just ate whatever was served!



It was a fruitful long day and we decided to go back to hotel. Our hotel was near and definitely within walking distance...

But..........................

It started RAINING.... RAINING real heavy!!!!

OMG.... We did bring raincoat to Jeju... But clever Ah bee told me not to bring out cos she said sure won't rain de... *roll eyes* So we left our raincoats in the room lor.. Win already...

So we waited for a while but the rain didn't seem to stop. So we decided to go buy raincoat lor... No choice mah. Anyway raincoat also not expensive lah... Better than getting wet!!! So we asked and finally found a place that sell raincoats! Only 2000won! So yippeee!!! As we knew we need to wake up early the next day, we bought some cup noodles for breakfast! LOL!!! So funny, as the cup noodles wordings were all Korean, we asked the owner lady if the cup noodles are spicy (cos I wanted to eat spicy ones). Then she said all not spicy... Huh?! Really??? But no choice lor, so we bought 4 cups, 2 cups for each of us!

Anyway, we put on the raincoats and braved the heavy rain to walk back to hotel! Damn funny!!!


And almost immediately, when I reached back to hotel, I remembered my lousy phone and tried all ways to revive the phone. I used hairdryer to "warm it" and even put the phone in the fridge to "cool it"... But all to avail... Sigh... Guess it is really GONE...



Anyway, I am not gonna think about my phone... We had a really nice first day in Jeju and I really had a good sleep that night! Probably becos I had walked sooooo much!!! LOL!

Tomorrow will be another day of fun-filled places to visit!!! Yay!!!

No comments: