I found this small studio apartment about 4 months ago.
This is how it looks...

This is the surrounding houses adjacent to where I stay.

Nostalgic?
I really feel for this place. This is the first time I have stayed in pre-war conservation house... And I guess most people won't have this chance to step into one. According to my house agent, this place has a whopping history of about 50years, even older than Singapore (whom is just 40 yrs old).
And according to my house agent again, the landlord actually re-did and renovated the whole terrace house about 5 years ago. Thus, the outward appearance did not look as run-down as some other conservation houses. The interior is also fully modernised. A fresh coat of paint will be done every year, thus every unit has a new cleaned look, despite the age of the place.
Ah yes, forgot to mention that I lived on the 2nd level. (see pic). There are altogether 6 units, incl. me. Mine is the smallest unit, considered a studio apartment. I only have about 500sqft of space... A small bedroom, a small pantry area and a small living room that is just enough to place a TV set and a sofa-bed.
A snapshot of my pantry...

A peek at my bedroom.. It is usually not so nicely done. This is just a photoshoot lah!

All in all, I love my place. It has a slight peranakan-feel to it. The doors, the windows and the flooring still retained the old-time colonial style. And for modern girl like me, who had been living in flats and Condo all this while, this place is really a nice change for me.
Anyway, the rental here is cheap, cos I think, this whole place is shared among 6 families... But strangely, for my 4 months stay here, I have never really seen any of my neighbours yet. Thus, I really enjoy the privacy this place offered.
1 comment:
more pics of home pls! esp peranakan details and the fact that they put 'sculptures' in the apt which you are sposed to keep in good condition!
Post a Comment