Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day Street scene

Happy New Year!!!

Hmmm... Alot has happened this year.. I was left alone at home this new year day, and feeling bored and not willing to just go to bed, I decided to hit the streets to see the "post-party" scene...

First stop, I drove to Lau Pat Sat area and Tanjong Pagar area. Cos I know there would be a lot of party-goers at that area... And true enough, although it was already 2.30am, there are still quite alot of people hanging around. Mostly becos they could not get a cab! All the cabs were full and those poor souls hang around lor....



See those two poor souls?? They must have been standing on the roadside for quite sometimes, cos I could see that the lady was very tired.. How I wish I could stop and give them a ride.. But since I was alone, I decided that it wouldn't be safe for me to pick up strangers....

Then along the way to St James Powerstation, I witnessed a major accident!!!
I only managed to take a picture of the ambulance... There were alot of police cars and policemen around. As I was driving past slowly, I saw a white Honda saloon car overturned and there were alot of crashed signs and splitters of mirrors/glasses on the floor....

Anyway, there were even more poor souls lingering at Vivo City and St James Powerstation, all trying to catch a cab back... Poor things....


Finally, after making a quick turn to Mount Faber to take a look at the Jewel box "snow", I hit back home, cos it started to drizzle....
A view from my window... It was already 4am!

Happy New Year to me!!!

No comments: