Thursday, January 18, 2007

Night Out with Celeste!

Once again... I forced myself to get out of work and to join Celeste and friends for a drink at Balaclava.

It has been about 6 months since I stepped outside and have a drink with friends in a pub.

And guess what? I met my ex-colleagues, who were there doing some new beer promotion... Haha... I used to be doing those jobs, weren't I??

Anyway, I was glad that I was there to drink, not to work...

Found Celeste and friends after a while and we sat drinking and listening to the live band... Oh my, it must be super damn long since I ever stepped into Balaclava liao. Think more than 6 months! I used to hate the crowd and those silly "atas" Ah Bengs in nice shirts and cuff-rings. But surprisingly, tonight's crowd was ok, not very crowded though...

Maybe the opening of Dragonfly and Movida at St James Powerstation really does affect the other businesses...

After a drink, we decided to head down to Circular Road (near Boat Quay) for another drink. We searched for the pub called "The White Bar" and it was not long that we found it. That stretch was basically quite quiet though.... Anyway, I have not been to karaoke pubs for super long and the moment I stepped into that pub, I nearly fainted!

Cos that place was full of smoke! And I really mean, FULL OF SMOKY SMOKE!!! I was a smoker before, thus I am not "allegic" to smoke, but I really mean that the place's ventilation was damn lousy and although the place was not crowded, the smoke smells linger in the surrounding... Thus, I really cannot breathe really well....

Anyway, I really enjoyed myself.. Thanks Celeste, for buying me my favourite Lychee Martini.. Am so glad that you still remember my full name, you still remember my favourite drink, you still remember my first job....

Sigh... my good friend, please don't gve up on teaching so soon... Remind yourself of people like me who wanted so badly to get into teaching yet not given the chance to do so...

Oh dear, it's nearly 230am liao... I better get working on my report now...

CIAO!!! Muuwahhhh!!!

No comments: