This Jim Beam promotion campaign was cool. Customers were asked to submit photos of themselves with at least some Jim Beam branding in each photo. And the grand prizes include a free trip to Bangkok's Jim Beam party. Yes! FREE Trip!!! To Bangkok!! Oh yeah yeah! Sounds like a good deal. Just need to take some crazy photos and.. I might be on my way to BKK!!! Hahaha!
Actually I was not in the mood to have fun or to take pictures. I just finished my own roving and it was already midnight. But I pitied the promoter; she kept "begging" me to take photos and thus, I would feel bad if I rejected her lah... So like any other people, I let the Jim Beam promoter take my photo.
But then come to think of it, it might be disastrous if my boss saw me endorsing other liquor brands in the magazine. But I was SO sure at that time that I definitely would not be chosen as I looked tired and without much make-up. And I only want to win that camera... In the end, I did not win the camera (Sad) but instead I was chosen as one of the winners to go BBK! And lucky me, the event company mixed up my name and put another girl's name with my photo. Thus, I can safely say that no one will recognise me. And even if there's someone who spotted my photo, they would think that she's just some girl that look like ME! Hahaha!
Dying to see my pretty photo??
There you go!!!! ~~~

Anyway, you can get more info about this promotion here : Jim Beam Promotion
But too bad, this promotion ended 31 August.
Well, that's not all.
I went to the Pool competition sponsored by Jim Beam at Pool Room Bar on 27 Sept. It's a friendly pool competition and they included in a "Casino" theme event to entertain those people who are not participating in the competition.

Well, I have to say that I am totally an idiot where gambling is concerned. I have no idea how to gamble, nor have I been to any real casino before. I think it is my upbringing that shaped my mind about gambling. I totally have no interest in gambling and even if gambling promises easy big money, I would want to be involved with it. Since young, my mum taught us to stay away from gambling and reminded me about what happened to my granddad (which was my mum's dad).
I heard from my Mum that they used to be quite well-off when they were in China. And when they came to Singapore, my granddad became addicted to gambling and thus, like any soap-dramas, he gambled away all the family money and left the family broke. And as a result, he died of grief and sadness at an early age of 60yrs old, way before my Mum got married. Thus, I have never seen my granddad at all.
Anyway, that's history and maybe I have heard this story for so long, I have lost all interest in gambling. I don't buy 4D, Toto or any other lottery games.
Hey think I side-tracked again! Anyway, I had a wonderful time at PRB watching those people make their bets at the casino.
No comments:
Post a Comment