Friday, October 28, 2005

Typical Breakfast in Shanghai

A typical breakfast in Shanghai...

I am not talking about those cafe-styled breakfast, I mean those street-side cheap and good take-aways breakfast!

On our first morning there in Shanghai, Kristen brought us out to the street to buy breakfast. By the way, Kristen is Gine's ex-colleague. We were also putting up at his place. And we really made a mess out of it! More post on this later.

Along Chang Yi Road, Pudong, I found this place very interesting and started to take some photos...



The weather had turned cold and thus, you see alot of people started to put on their "Winter is
Coming!" kinda clothes. And as this street is in Pudong, the people around this area are more simple, unlike those people living in Puxi.


Kristen stopped at this stall, and we were facinated at the way this guy prepared the food. It looked like some pancake, with vege fillings. I have no idea what's the food called.... Well, should be good, as there was a long queue.


The stall besides was selling simple food like buns, etc.


This is Kristen, deciding what to buy for us...


In the end, we bought that "pancake lookalike thing" and some vege buns and soya bean milk. I got super duper big ulcer that mornign, thus I skipped the buns and had coffee plus soya bean milk and a few mouthful of that "thing".



Very cheap though. That "pancake lookalike thing" cost only 1.80RMB for 3 pieces!

1 comment:

kohpeganz said...

Eh,

Spelled as KristAn lah, not KristEn lei!!!!